Re: [OM] Oly 9-18 vs Panasonic 7-14: any experience out there?

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly 9-18 vs Panasonic 7-14: any experience out there?
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 16:47:56 +0200
On 10 May 2010, at 4:40 PM, C.H.Ling wrote:
> ...and I really don't like F5.6 lenses.

You obviously don't shoot large-format lenses then, where
f/5.6 is the order of the day :-) But I agree, on such a small format,
there better be a pretty darn good reason for a lens to max out
at f/5.6.

Admittedly, a 120-degree angle of view is a very good reason for
such a limitation, but this is even more reason to not shoot it
(the CV 12/5.6) on a quarter-size sensor, but leave it be on 35mm
film where it belongs.

Dawid