Re: [OM] Demise of the Gs? [was Oly 9-18 vs Panasonic 7-14: any experien

Subject: Re: [OM] Demise of the Gs? [was Oly 9-18 vs Panasonic 7-14: any experience out there?]
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 17:27:26 -0500
Maybe you missed my point that I feel that the G11 is a very nice camera.
Personally, I like the S90 more, but for very specific reasons.

The G11 is the "King of the Hill" which it stands on. No doubt about that.
But for a year now, there is another hill which has gotten quite popular for
the same type of person that was buying the G-series. The upswing in sales
for the Micro FourThirds products is taking a direct bite out of the sales
of the G11.

Had my requirement matched yours, Moose, I too would have gotten the G11 (or
even the G10 as it is actually a bit better at base-ISO in resolution, and
even at the higher ISOs, the noise is present but smaller in the resulting
prints. The G11, in spite of the noise tests isn't really that much better
than the G10. Both handle very well.

As it is, I've managed to avoid getting any of the above. Of all things, I
just spent money on a several year old L1. Go figure.  Shows that I don't
know much or I'm completely illogical.

AG (or that I bought myself time) Schnozz