Re: [OM] Demise of the Gs? [was Oly 9-18 vs Panasonic 7-14: any experien

Subject: Re: [OM] Demise of the Gs? [was Oly 9-18 vs Panasonic 7-14: any experience out there?]
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 14:13:40 +0800
It is just you, you have the requirement for a pocket camera. The G11 can
put into your pocket but I will never put any camera of that size in my
pocket, a 100g phone camera is ok. I always carry a small shoulder bag,
ok the bag can even accomodate a 5D II with 24/2 mounted but the
combination make the bag deformed too much. The E-PL1 is much
better fit even with one or two extra Pen FT lenses.

The Olympus Pen and Pana GF-1 sell very well here, I think the only problem
is the price. E-PL1 is a right move, it certainly eat into the market of the
high end compact camera like G11. People are looking for stylish stuffs...

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/P5061502.jpg  (E-PL1 with 85/2 @F2.8)

C.H.Ling