Re: [OM] Olympus Viewer 2

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Viewer 2
From: David Irisarri Vila <div2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 10:14:04 +0200
Chris, thank you very much for your quick answer. Certainly I worked with
Aperture 2 sometime ago. I liked picture sharpness and menu layout. Interface
was very pleasant like Capture ONE. C1PRO sharpness for E-1 is terribly bad
(demosaizing algorithms are horrible). Also their noise reduction algorithms
remove E-1 fine detail (this software is focused in very large sensors).
Lightroom, lovely interface but disgusting color. It can be very punchy and
pleasant for landscapes but for portraits is horrible (IMHO it is optimized for
Canon and Nikon). Olympus Studio has a disgusting interface, slow, crashes but
gives you the best color, stunning skin tones, and extracts more data from ORF
files than any other RAW software package. Anyway, I´ll try Aperture 3 but I
think if you like Olympus is due to their color rendition.

Warmest regards,

Dave