Re: [OM] What is recommended OM optimal CLA interval?

Subject: Re: [OM] What is recommended OM optimal CLA interval?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 08:40:34 -0400
I would certainly recommend a CLA for any OM that's never had one or for
one which has gone quite a few years... especially if you're traveling
and failure might ruin a lot of important stuff.  The problem is that it
can fail silently (eg, shutter speed off) and you won't know it until
too late.  My experience with CLAs from John is that, even if it's
functioning correctly today, you won't recognize the feel of the camera
when it comes back.  You've already forgotten how buttery smooth the
camera was when new.  It'll come back from John with the same buttery
smooth feeling as new.

Chuck Norcutt