[OM] SD(HC) to CF Converter Card

Subject: [OM] SD(HC) to CF Converter Card
From: Rand E <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 11:53:13 -0400
   Has anyone else tried out one of these converter cards ?  I just
purchases one from B&H Photo (http://www.bhphotovideo.com).
      CF Type II Adapter
   The issue that I wanted to solve was that my E-330 uses CF cards (
also xD), while almost all my other devices use SD or SDHC cards.
SD cards seem to be getting both higher capacity and less expensive, in
addition to being much smaller in physical size.
   This adapter sounded like just the ticket to solve this problem.  The
one that I obtained from B&H Photo is marketed under the Delkin Devices
name
www.delkin.com. and sells from B&H for $30.  This price seemed
worthwhile to be able to avoid duplicating memory cards.
    When received, I tested it with 8 and 16 gig SDHC cards.  I tried
them out both in the built-in card reader on my computer and my E-330
camera.
In both cases the  combination of SD card and adapter worked fine, just
as advertised.
   One item of curiosity though.   The 16 gig SDHC card is formatted and
clean.
      With the E-330 (7.5 MP), set on SHQ 3136x2352 resolution, it
yields an available exposure count of 2655.
      With a P&S that I have (8 MP), set on highest res. 3264x2448, it
yields an available exposure count of 4457.
I would guess that color depth would have something to do with this.
More likely, the cause is something that I'm not even thinking about.
Rand E