Re: [OM] (OM) Photographing autumn colours etc (long)

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Photographing autumn colours etc (long)
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 19:17:58 +0100
Thanks for your interesting potted history, Brian.  I am glad that all is
coming together successfully now, and that you have time to enjoy it.  I should
have been really grumpy about the Government's getting rid of so many Forestry
workers ...

Here's just one more idea for using RAW files: use Picasa, a free application
from Google.  It will catalogue your RAW files for you and do a bit of
"Fine-tuning", although not nearly as comprehensively as LightRoom or LightZone.

But the main idea is that you don't have to convert RAW files until you want to
use them; they sit as RAW files and take up less space than TIFF files
(normally).  If you have something like LightRoom, you can manipulate or
post-process the files without doing anything to the original file, then output
it as you wish.  I don't believe that your computer would have a difficulty
with the processing.

Chris

snip