Re: [OM] Incident Light metering

Subject: Re: [OM] Incident Light metering
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 09:55:12 -0500

> Because IMHO, metering must be as quick as possible. Lighting
> conditions vary too fast.
> And regarding my yellow flowers photo, you know: it was so hot that
> walking a few meters with the Gossen would have made me think it twice
> before ...

As long as you place the meter in exactly the same light as the subject,
you're OK. No walking necessary. When doing outdoor photography, I'm almost
always in the same light as my subject so just turning around and getting a
reading is all that's required.

Of course, when working with flash, that's another story. You need to place
the meter in the same location as your subject.  With artificial lighting,
the light-to-subject distance is the critical factor but sunlight
illumination is not such handicapped.

AG