Re: [OM] ZD F2 zoom reviews on TOP

Subject: Re: [OM] ZD F2 zoom reviews on TOP
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 17:26:01 -0400
I frankly don't understand why there is any error at all.  I would think
that when the camera decides that the contrast is at maximum that it
simply orders the lens to stop moving.  Perhaps they tend to coast
beyond the point where they should have stopped.  Maybe my Tokinas and
Tamrons work well since they don't have high speed ultrasonic focusing
motors.  Maybe they can't go fast enough to coast on by the right spot. :-)

Chuck Norcutt