Re: [OM] E**y flashes

Subject: Re: [OM] E**y flashes
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 09:53:52 -0400
I didn't think so which is why I didn't bother with the link.  But if
you'd like to make up your own mind see here for the T-45
<http://cgi.ebay.com/OLYMPUS-OM-T45-T-45-TTL-FLASH-/320523908723?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Digital_Camera_Flashes&hash=item4aa0b6b673>
and here for the charger which he also has
<http://cgi.ebay.com/OLYMPUS-OM-T45-T-45-NiCd-Ni-Cd-CHARGER-1-NEW-BOX-/220596726013?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Camera_Flash_Accessories&hash=item335c96e8fd>

See the last photo and comment on the T-45 page which points out that
there is no battery pack.  The only other way to power a T-45 that I
know of is to use the F.AC Adapter 2.

Actually, no.  Dr. Flash just reminded me that you can power it with a
high voltage pack like the Quantum Turbo Battery with NiMH pack or the
older model with lead acid battery.  I've never owned a T-45 but I
assume that it is like the T-32 which does not require any internal
batteries when it's powered by a high voltage pack.  That's unusual.
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/467222-REG/Quantum_Instruments_TSC_Turbo_SC_Battery_Pack.html>
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/43375-REG/Quantum_Instruments_QTB_Turbo_Battery_with_120.html>

or use its much cheaper clone (the SP Systems Power Pack available from
B&H) as I have advertised many times here before.  Price is even lower
now but the unit is not in stock supposedly until July.  Maybe because
the importer is going through a consolidation with another company.(?)
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/294330-REG/SP_Studio_Systems_SPDCBPRC_Power_Pack_for_SP.html>

Either one of these three solutions will require a Quantum CO3 cable
which is used to power a T-32 or T-45.
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=quantum+olympus&N=0&InitialSearch=yes>
I have two of them which I got for about $20 each on ebay.

Chuck Norcutt