Re: [OM] Free Cameras?

Subject: Re: [OM] Free Cameras?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 10:00:40 -0400
Thanks.  The Miranda definitely has a problem with the meter due to the
badly corroded battery box (with no indication yet how deep that goes or
if the sensor itself is working).  I think the only mechanical problem
is lubrication of the low speed governor.  On some cameras that's not
hard to reach but the Miranda appears to require complete removal of the
mirror box to get to the shutter gears underneath.  But I'm not 100%
sure of that.  Maybe just removal of the bottom cover but I haven't even
tried that simple step yet.  But I'll enjoy tinkering.  If I break it
further nothing lost except the shipping I paid Bill.  That was a good
deal for a little tinkering fun.

Chuck Norcutt