Re: [OM] OT: Noise levels in light aircraft, was More eruptions

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Noise levels in light aircraft, was More eruptions
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 10:16:56 -0500
Chris,

I flew light aircraft over a period of 35 years, and I do have some
high-frequency loss, enough so that I, at times, use a hearing aid in one
ear.  But, in my work during that same period I was exposed to plant noise
well over 110db, where we were told to use ear plugs and ear muffs.  I
figure that my loss is much more attributable to the plant environment than
to my flying.

Don't the active noise-cancelling headsets help with your problem?

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA