[OM] Re-entry [was Slippin' away]

Subject: [OM] Re-entry [was Slippin' away]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 20:14:54 -0700
Got back Saturday evening. I don't like responding to posts until I get
caught up, so I don't end up saying what's already been said. It's been
a slow process catching up, as new posts come in over the transom too
close to as fast as I read old ones. There was no Wi-Fi at either place
we stayed. And, to be honest, hangin' out in the woods, watching and
tending a campfire for hours and such seem to beat listin', so I didn't
mind at all.

We had a great time and managed to be lucky with the weather. This week
is starting out wet and will be colder and cloudier overall than last.
Quite unusual weather this late in the year. Usually by this time, one
is wondering when the summer fog cycle is going to start. Long range
forecast is for yet another rainy day or so early next week.

A strange world, politics. Snow pack was at 140% of average at the last
measure and it's snowed since. Clearly, all the major reservoirs will be
filled as the snow melts. Yet we are still officially in a drought. By
law, the only person who officially declares drought or not is the
Governor. He has a pet $11 billion water projects bond issue on the
ballot, the usual mixture of good and bad bits, and figures it's more
likely to pass if we are still in a drought - even if the evidence of
our own experience is that we are not.

On 5/11/2010 12:50 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Turtles are OK but be careful if you take it to Florida.  I've seen big
> gators eat big turtles in a single chomp!  :-)

Hmmm. It may be small as RVs go, but I doubt any non-celluloid gator
could swallow even the spare tire. ;-)

Moose