Re: [OM] Photo Essay N 41.9635, W 92.1825

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo Essay N 41.9635, W 92.1825
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 09:53:57 -0500

> That certainly is a good lens !

The lens definitely makes my life a lot easier. I'm still amazed at the
extreme flare control. "Majo SCOU" is probably the worse-case example. I'm
shooting into the setting sun and in the converter I've pulled the shadows
up about two stops. The only spot (below the sun in the lower part of the
image) that looks like flare is actually just light reflecting off the
concrete. Other pictures which didn't make the final selection are much much
more likely to be flare monsters and aren't  This isn't to say I haven't
seen flare, but I've really got to work at it.

However, unless there's a polarizer attached, my lens is still naked.  This
lens just might get a high-quality "protection filter" attached.

As to the shrubbery, Chuck, I did find it quite difficult to get the gas
station to actually show up. My previous passes of this place were before
everything greened up and you could see the place from both directions. Not
now. To get the photos of the front door and windows I had to bushwack my
way in.

Thanks for the positive comments, everyone.

AG