Re: [OM] Demise of the Gs? [was Oly 9-18 vs Panasonic 7-14: any experien

Subject: Re: [OM] Demise of the Gs? [was Oly 9-18 vs Panasonic 7-14: any experience out there?]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 21:59:00 -0700
On 5/10/2010 11:13 PM, C.H.Ling wrote:
> It is just you, you have the requirement for a pocket camera.

I tried to be clear that I was only speaking to my own way of working.

> The G11 can put into your pocket but I will never put any camera of that size
> in my pocket, a 100g phone camera is ok.

The G11 mostly is carried in a belt case that holds it horizontally with
a flip open top. I only carry it in a pocket with a couple of specific
jackets where the match is good. Maybe my next cell phone will have a
better camera. The one I have makes sort of blah, 1.3MP images. Not bad
enough to be a Krappy Kamera, but not good or flexible enough to use for
anything other than instant note taking - and I forget to do that.

> I always carry a small shoulder bag, ok the bag can even accomodate a 5D II
> with 24/2 mounted but the
> combination make the bag deformed too much. The E-PL1 is much better fit even
> with one or two extra Pen FT lenses.

It's all a matter of taste and style of use. One day, I may change, but
for now, the µ4/3 and similar cameras are neither of the types of tool I
prefer to use.

Moose