Re: [OM] Demise of the Gs? [was Oly 9-18 vs Panasonic 7-14: any experien

Subject: Re: [OM] Demise of the Gs? [was Oly 9-18 vs Panasonic 7-14: any experience--Sony's NEX vs G11
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 22:07:35 -0700
On 5/12/2010 9:34 AM, Sue Pearce wrote:
> Like everything else, the utility and quality of products are less than
> secondary to marketability. Like DTV.

Huh?

I have both, and have had for years. The difference between the old
analog signals and DTV is an obvious improvement on the 27" analog CRT.
The improvement going from analog to HD on the digital set is night and
day. Even the best of analog signals on the HDTV were a poor second to
DVDs. Now even the worst HD is better than the best DVD. Haven't gone
Blu-Ray as yet. Not until the prices go down and the library starts
stocking the disks.

Something, perhaps local contrast?, adds a 3D effect to many HD images.
Some of the aerial panoramas dramas use as setting shots are just
stunning. I've been known to jump back just to rewatch them on occasion.

H. D. Moose