[OM] Zooms at Dawn - the 50mm shootout - Teaser

Subject: [OM] Zooms at Dawn - the 50mm shootout - Teaser
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 17:14:22 -0400
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas says:

>Given that N[eff] = N (1+M)---there are no other variables in this, now
>I think magnification may be the only relevant factor and the pupilary
>magnification is a side issue .

"Probably some variables compensate the others and, all things
considered, we
get the same formula -- if we think on _effective_ FL terms."

Thanks for all the comments, Carlos--hoped you would chime in.
Seems effective focal lengths are rarely provided.
Some insights into how the lenses are constructed can be gleaned from
a table--but only of the micro Nikkors:

http://www.swissarmyfork.com/lens_table_1.htm

The CV 125 F2..5 macro clearly saves about 1/2 stop to 1:1  from
internal shenanigans.

Mike