Re: [OM] A 5D Mk II all tricked out for video

Subject: Re: [OM] A 5D Mk II all tricked out for video
From: Tom Fenwick <super.wide@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 10:46:46 +0100
Well, it's an interesting way of looking at things...

It is primarily a highly capable stills camera, and I can only imagine the
moaning that would ensue from stills photographers if the 5D3 came out
looking like this tricked out mk2.

The video quality is such that film-makers are excited enough about it to
think it's worth adding all this stuff and using it in place of whatever
alternatives are out there, Red One up.

Personally, I find it very useful to have a kit that I can hire out to
film-makers for a day's wage even half tricked out with accessories made in
my basement workshop as shown here.  It's also great to be learning how to
shoot video working with these people as a camera-op or even DOP if they're
desperate.

But if the thing didn't reduce to the minimalist form also shown here
center-left then it would be absolutely useless for my work as a stills
photographer.

Your mileage may (and obviously in some cases does) vary :-)

http://www.pbase.com/tom_77/image/124788509.jpg

Tom