Re: [OM] My GF-1 as conversation piece

Subject: Re: [OM] My GF-1 as conversation piece
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 18:33:01 -0400
I have only been in California once, and must admit to a strong preference for
SF over LA. But again, this is based on just a few days in each place back in
1993. In fact, the best part of the trip was the drive from SF to LA along the
Pacific Coast Highway.

What I liked about Cambridge today is that it is clean, made for pedestrians
and cyclists, and with good public transport. In fact, the whole public
transport thing is excellent here in Boston. Today I bought a pass giving me
full use of the T and the buses for 1 week for all of $15! That is truly a
steal. I note that to park a car for 1 hour at the hotel where I am staying
costs more than that.

Cheers,
Nathan

On 22 May, 2010, at 18:20 , Moose wrote:

> On 5/22/2010 2:04 PM, siddiq@xxxxxxx wrote:
>> Oh please visit LA… with the M8!
>>

> You'd also be welcome in the People's Republic of Berkeley, whatever
> camera(s) you might choose to bring. Pleasant, free accommodations and
> company are also available, although they mostly use Canons.
>
> You could do a comparative photographic essay on the two PRs. :-)
>
> I guess we should visit Cambridge. When in the area, we stay in the old,
> hilly part of Brookline, full of winding streets, trees and lovely old
> houses. Sort of like where we live, but with smaller hills and older
> houses. Somehow, we don't get to other areas much. ;-)   We did get to
> Cambridge once, but to visit another friend - and the area wasn't the
> most attractive part of town, one hopes.
>
> Moose
> --

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain