Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 21/5/2010: Boston car

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 21/5/2010: Boston car
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 08:52:17 +1000
50% is astronomical compared to around here.
Both our Prime Minister and Leader of the Opposition at present are
religious and that's often cited as a problem.
A year or so ago I was moved to note that the US had elected a black
guy as President which goes to show how far they'd go to avoid
electing a woman (yeah, fatuous, I know) but I'll be really impressed
when they elect an atheist. Don't think I'll live that long.

How many of that 10% would actually declare publically as atheist or
agnostic? Obviously many will claim to belong to a religion out of a
kind of laziness or nostalgia - it's a label for their culture - but
won't take the next step. Wicca is very popular among 'emo' girls and
some disillusioned older women. It seems like fun. And as I recall, so
many people in New Zealand delcared themselves to be Jeddi at the last
census that it had to be categorised as a religion.

Statistics - pshaw!
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx