Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 22/5/2010: battle of ideas on the T

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 22/5/2010: battle of ideas on the T
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 06:34:12 -0400
Moose is right, "to friend" as a verb is now widespread in the social
networking world and will undoubtedly one day become official by being included
as such in dictionaries.

I am on Facebook and find it very useful to keep in touch with my son in
England as well as with friends in Denmark and family around the world. If your
circle of friends and family is as geographically dispersed as mine, FB becomes
very useful.

Cheers,
Nathan

On 23 May, 2010, at 5:08 , Moose wrote:

> On 5/23/2010 1:11 AM, Wayne Harridge wrote:
>> Yeah, nice contrast !
>>
>> But what does "THEY WOULD FRIEND EACH OTHER" mean - sounds like a literal
>> translation from another language.
>>

> Yup. Facebookese
>
> I guess you don't get out much? I, at least at yet, have nothing to do
> with any of the "social networking" sites, but the lingo is sort of
> ubiquitous.
>
> Since it's shown up in a MacD's ad, it's probably passé by now to the
> target audience.
>
> Friend Me Not Moose
> --

Nathan Wajsman