Re: [OM] My GF-1 as conversation piece

Subject: Re: [OM] My GF-1 as conversation piece
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 10:07:01 -0400
Brattle Street is just huge, leafy green trees and fine, old and very
large New England houses.  Many of the houses (especially as you get
closer to Harvard Square) date from pre-revolutionary times.  Many of
them were occupied by Tories who were driven out during the Siege of
Boston.  One of them is marked with a plaque as having served as
Washington's headquarters during the siege.  But that may have been very
temporary since Washington used Longfellow's house for 8 months.  That's
also on Brattle Street but best seen from Mt. Auburn St. to better see
the grounds which are a city block deep.
<http://www.longfellowfriends.org/images/lhouse.jpeg>

Chuck Norcutt