Re: [OM] Descreening a scanned image

Subject: Re: [OM] Descreening a scanned image
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 20:25:10 -0400
I discovered I had a trial copy of Focus Magic already installed but
never used.  I used up a couple of its 5 trial image lives working on
the one you had linked.  Focus Magic got rid of the regular dot pattern
running through the image without much difficulty (radius 5 or maybe 6
IIRC).  That left an image with lots of white spots sprinkled about and
very visible on the men's coats.  Presumably I should be able to use
Neat Image to clean that up but I really don't know how to use Neat
Image even though I have it installed.  I will send a copy of it to your
personal email account.  I also ran it though ACR and got rid of most of
the color cast but maybe that part was undesirable.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt