Re: [OM] Happy Alphabet Day was:battle of ideas on the T

Subject: Re: [OM] Happy Alphabet Day was:battle of ideas on the T
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 07:18:02 -0400
On May 25, 2010, at 3:33 AM, Chris Barker wrote:

>  I'm no intellectual, but I find it hard that an interesting
> language like English, <snip>

Tut-tut . . . not "like," but rather "such as," at least on this side
of the pond.

Never mind that hegemony. It's nothing compared with the damage done
to English by those pesky Norman invaders, and before them, the Danes.

Nevertheless, you must continue to rage against the dying of the
light, for by it and through it the angels of our better nature fight
the good fight.

<wink>

Bob Whitmire
www.bobwhitmire.com