[OM] Nathan's PAD 25/5/2010: contemplation

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 25/5/2010: contemplation
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 16:23:33 -0400
Plenty of oysters from our area--no Gulf area ones required here--
though I am no oyster person.  Marnie sometimes goes here for lunch:

http://tinyurl.com/36djeju

Wellfleet oysters from the Cape have a very good reputation.  Last time
I walked past Neptune Oyster in the North End they had half a  dozen
varieties in the window.  If Nathan desired Lobstah, we would get a 2
or three pounder and some proper brew at our place for him.   None of
those puny chicken Lobstahs will do.   The big ones  out have a red dot
on them and cost the same.  Perhaps next visit.

Mike

   Wow, Anthony's Pier 4 has been around for a while. I went there with
my
Dad in the late 70's IIRC. The lobster was excellent and I also
remember the
popovers, big as my head and light as a feather. Those oysters sure look
good; be glad you got them while you can. I don't imagine they will be
coming from the Gulf for a while.

Charlie

http://www.greatpix.eu/Other/Picture-A-Day/4253606_netUM#879641105_QCg6Y-O-LB