Re: [OM] Spots (OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] Spots (OT)
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 12:16:07 -0400
Thanx! I had never considered surface dents interacting optically with
the glass, but I think I've got one of those bedeviling me right now.
Might explain why under the 50 watt, 3500K gallery lights, the
imperfections glow, but under normal viewing they're so invisible you
can't even imagine they are there.

It will be interesting to observe customers who wander in, how closely
they look. I've heard it said that viewing distance is limited by the
length of the photographer's nose, but then that's photographers. I
haven't sold many prints to photographers. <g>

Normal viewing minus 50 percent sounds like an excellent rule of
thumb, especially after I get the lights toned down a little.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bobwhitmire.com