Re: [OM] Quick before I blow something up or kill myself!

Subject: Re: [OM] Quick before I blow something up or kill myself!
From: Sandy Harris <sandyinchina@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 15:40:53 +0800
On 6/1/10, Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I use a similar muffin fan from another source.  I just checked, and it
>  appears that I just soldered on connections to a 110ac cord.  It has worked
>  fine for years.

Yes, BUT some want 12 volts DC & others may want other voltages.

Take a fan that's designed for 12 DC and give it 110 AC and the
least problem you'll get is a blown fan. Fire, explosion, or electric
shocks at possibly fatal levels are likely.

Look on the fan chassis for voltage info. If you cannot find it, buy
another fan so you know & can be safe.