Re: [OM] Quick before I blow something up or kill myself!

Subject: Re: [OM] Quick before I blow something up or kill myself!
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 08:22:42 EDT

In a message dated 6/1/2010 3:30:35 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
piers@xxxxxxxx writes:

Seems  you had some good advice already, Bill, so I won't add confusion.
But
do tell about the alt process - carbon transfer, could it  be??

The light box worked perfectly, with the exception of one of the 12 light
bulbs was defective.  No explosions, fires, etc.  The fan runs whisper
quiet and does what it is supposed to do.

Piers, for several years I have been doing some alt process work, the
majority of which doesn't require a darkroom and matched nicely with the
computer world as you are using larger negatives or positives which are
generated
in your computer and your prints are contact prints.  Exposure  can either
be done with  the sun or with a light box.  The light box  gives a more
consistent/repeatable exposure.

Some of the methods I've used are cyanotype, Van Dyke browns, platinum,
paltinum/paladium, polymer gravure printing, gum bichromate and  others.  For
any who are interested I would recommend a book by Christopher  James,

 _http://www.christopherjames-studio.com/build/thebook.html_
(http://www.christopherjames-studio.com/build/thebook.html)

Also,

_http://www.alternativephotography.com/newsletter.html_