Re: [OM] Which Grad ND system if any do you like?

Subject: Re: [OM] Which Grad ND system if any do you like?
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 08:08:02 +1000
Depends. I visited an art photographer at the weekend - we had an open
studio weekend around here. He's a graphic designer by trade so he's
not afraid to bend bits. In fact, he shoots with a cheap, old 8mp
compact (couldn't even remember the make and model when I asked) and
bends in PS - oh goodness does he bend. The image is the start - post
is his thing. And the images are amazing, printed on a silver lustre
paper of some sort (not metallic - just a hint of silver for 'punch').
And they sell - AU $400 for a framed A2 size.
<http://www.gumbootgraphics.com.au/transmo.html>
Doesn't really give you the idea - the first two are detailed, subtle
and they glow. Obviously he loves the twirl filter.
Ain't the gear - it's the skill.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx