Re: [OM] Mamiya vs. Hassy

Subject: Re: [OM] Mamiya vs. Hassy
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 12:37:51 +1000

> Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Thanks much.  Now I understand the lens listings and prices at KEH.
> 90/3.5 "KL L" with caps and Pro-S, SD adapter in EX condition is $235.
> 90/3.8 (slightly smaller aperture and no "KL L" designation and no caps)
>
> is $76.
>
> I also don't understand this Pro-S, SD adapter thingie although I
> believe Pro-S and SD are camera body model designations.

The Pro-SD body has a slightly different bayonet (part of the hole is larger)
to accomodate the 75mm shift lens (and maybe others ?).  All lenses for the Pro
& Pro-S can be mounted on the Pro-SD body, the adapter I believe is just like a
rubber "o" ring which makes it a bit easier to get the lens centred in the
mount before locking it in place - you don't HAVE to have the adapter.  The
75mm shift can't be mounted on the Pro or Pro-S body.

There are 3 series of lenses for the RB:

First - Mamiya-Sekor (single coated)
Second - Mamiya-Sekor C (multi coated)
Third - Mamiya-Sekor K/L (other improvements ?)

The standard recommendation seems to be to get at least the "C" lenses.

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com