[OM] Pepper ID error, was: OT iPad input/output

Subject: [OM] Pepper ID error, was: OT iPad input/output
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 19:36:16 -0400
My wife made "wangs" for dinner tonight and I happened to pick up the
wing sauce bottle and discovered I had made a serious error in
identifying the pepper in Buffalo wing sauce.  Many people know that
Tabasco is a brand name for pepper sauce but, in addition to being the
name of a state in Mexico, it is also a variety of the red pepper called
Capsicum frutescens used in the making of Tabasco sauce.  I thought that
tabasco peppers were also used in Buffalo wing sauce but not so.  We use
Frank's Buffalo wing sauce and the bottle states that Frank's Redhot
sauce (an older product dating to 1920) was the "secret ingredient" in
the Anchor Bar's original wing sauce.  But Frank's sauces are made with
cayenne peppers (Capsicum annuum) and not tabasco peppers.  Can't be too
careful about what you put on your "wangs" if you want the genuine
flavor.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt