Re: [OM] Can I switch to digital?

Subject: Re: [OM] Can I switch to digital?
From: James King <jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 11:55:13 +0100
I use a tamron adaptal 2 80-200 f2.8 and olympus 24 and 35mm shifts in
addition to some canon lenses. On a 5d mark 1
I had focus confirmation chips in the adapters but they simply where not
accurate enough... it turns out that the camera needs to know the focal
length in order to accurately use the autofocus confirmation logic and
the 5d mark 1 has no user adjustable settings for focus anyway.
I recently brought some emf adapters that allow you to program max
appature, focus adjustment and focal length. After a lengthly
calibration session the focus confirmation was a lot more accurate with
my mark 1.
I received a mark 2 about 10 days ago and once I tried manual focus
using live view on the mark 2 focus confirmation logic has become
irrelevant. Zooming in 10x live view allows very, very accurate focus
using manual focus lenses and is far better than using a grey tiny
viewfinder.
Live view is like using medium format with a waist level finder and
magnifier. Bright and sharp.
Love it. I know it would not be appropriate for action shoots but for
architecture, landscapes etc Live view manual focus is incredible.
My 2x£0.01
James

Companies Act 2006 : http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/companyinfo