Re: [OM] New Gallery, Website

Subject: Re: [OM] New Gallery, Website
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 19:46:31 -0400
What! No green head flies?
<http://www.newburyportnews.com/homepage/x845750615/Greenheads-rear-their-fearsome-green-heads?keyword=leadpicturestory>
I know they extend from at least New Jersey to Maine.  I used to
encounter them (during the day) on the Plum Island wildlife refuge in
Newburyport, Massachusetts from late June through August.  The bite is
painful.  It was just impossible to be on the beach or in the marsh in
the summer.  I eventually gave up going there.  Moccasins and gators are
much more polite and much less bothersome.

Chuck Norcutt