Re: [OM] New Gallery, Website

Subject: Re: [OM] New Gallery, Website
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 21:31:53 -0400
In the northeast along trout streams it's midges that swarm by the tens
of thousands at windshield height and in Florida it's lovebugs who mate
by the tens of thousands at windshield height.  Those you always get in
pairs.  :-)  The Florida Turnpike has special windshield washing
stations located at the rest stops.  It's a pipe with a special high
pressure water spray head about 3 meters high and angled down toward the
ground.  When you drive up to it a sensor turns the water on and you
approach the appropriate distance to put your windshield (and
headlights) into the spray.  It works well if the bugs haven't already
been so thick that you can't find the rest stop.  :-)
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovebug>

Chuck Norcutt