Re: [OM] 21/2, Mamiya 7, et al

Subject: Re: [OM] 21/2, Mamiya 7, et al
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 15:11:18 -0400
But, if as indicated before, you use PTLens
<http://epaperpress.com/ptlens/> you can take test photos with the lens
in question and send them to the author, Tom Niemann.  Tom will take
your test photos and build a profile for that particular lens on a
particular digital body.  With a custom profile PTLens is capable of
correcting even complex moustache distortion.

See the "Lens Correction" and "Calibration" sections on the page above.

Chuck Norcutt

Sawyer, Edward wrote:
>> Ed, are you saying the C/Y Distagon has more distortion than the Zuiko
> 21mm?
>
> I think so, yes. And worse than the quantity is the complexity - it's
> moustache distortion, difficult to correct.
>
> Distagon is a nice lens, no doubt, but considering the
> price/size/distortion/speed, I'd still prefer the
21/2 zuiko.