Re: [OM] (OM) web-pages: Flash or html ?

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) web-pages: Flash or html ?
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 05:53:14 -0400
Copper can carry either Dial-Up, which is limited in the USA to 56kb/s
downloads (its a law, not a technical limit), or it can carry DSL, which can
be very fast...as fast as Cable TV internet service, though not as fast as
fiber. There is no technical reason for DSL to cost more or for dial up to
be slower...its just the way the phone companies set it up, and it really is
illegal here to offer dial up service faster than 56kb/s! Why? I think the
phone companies lobbied congress for that so they can be justified in
charging 3 times as much for DSL.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography