Re: [OM] Can't get Olympus Viewer 2 to open

Subject: Re: [OM] Can't get Olympus Viewer 2 to open
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 07:48:44 -0400
I don't understand how it is that I'm seen as using ACR as an editor.  I
use ACR principally for exposure and white balance adjustments and
rarely venture off the main control panel.  I have on rare occasion used
the straighten tool (since it's easier than PS) but, apart from the
implicit crop of the straighten tool I've never cropped an image in ACR.
I also used the retouch tool once to fix dust spots in the sky on a
number of my Death Valley images.  It's quick and easy to do at that
point if you're processing a bunch of images... assuming they're
suitable for an automated fix.

My normal processing method is to first review a set of raw files and
delete the duds or, if there's some possibility I might want to retrieve
the image later on, put them into a folder called "Discards".  I next
process all the raw files for exposure and white balance, append an "e"
to the file name (meaning "exposure adjusted") and place the output into
a folder called "Converted".  Should any be deemed suitable for actual
display on screen or in print they'll receive a pass through PS for
retouching, cropping, re-sizing and sharpening.  The most recent example
being a self-portrait of me and my wife shot in our living room.  Try as
I might I couldn't get rid of the excessive glare in her glasses.  Hard
to do when you're sitting in the subject's seat and not behind the
camera.  Anticipating the trouble I took some extra shots without her
glasses and then used PS to copy her eyes and surround from the no
glasses shot to the glasses shot.  But even things that don't require
layers work all pass through PhotoShop first.

Chuck Norcutt