Re: [OM] Viewer, CaptureOne, and all that, again

Subject: Re: [OM] Viewer, CaptureOne, and all that, again
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 20:32:38 -0500
On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Different strokes, different folks...

Well, there's always that ...

> I personally do batch processing more often than not. The advantage to
> Lightroom and Capture One is the ability to apply a batch setting to
> multiple images and then tweak individual shots from there. You get to
> A-B compare images and adjust as necessary the individuals to correct
> for some oddity that snuck in. Once you get things "close enough" just
> tell it to develop the whole mess. If I take 20 pictures of something
> and want every single image to match, a tool like Lightroom or Capture
> One is invaluable.

I realize that.  But that wasn't what I was looking at, apples to
apples.  CaptureOne is *supposed* to have something that puts it in a
category beyond the other converters, including Studio, with respect
to color/exposure/all-round good looks.  I had thought you had claimed
this yourself.  But when I mess with it, I can't come up with the
goods.  It's a fraud.  I'm calling the cops!

As to batch processing -- I defer to you  I use batch actions to
resize a bunch of images for the web.  That's about it..

Joel W.