[OM] An interesting addition to my kit . . .

Subject: [OM] An interesting addition to my kit . . .
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 22:44:08 EDT
This one required a little more thought than some . . . and that is  crazy.
 I've been working on a project since late winter/early spring in a  field
with a large collection of old tractors (think tractor junk yard and
collection.)   Last week I was talking to the owner about snakes and  he said
he
had never seen a copperhead and had only killed one water moccasin  since
moving there in 1947, however this time of year there are some  rattlesnakes.
Told the story of how one had crawled up on the head of one  of his tractor
engines earlier in the spring and he walked by it and didn't pay  any
attention and then started thinking about it,  went back and grabbed it  behind
the head with some needle nose pliers and pulled it out only to realize  it
was a rattle snake.  He said he squeezed real hard and dispatched  it.  No
sh&%.

Last week my 93 year old Godmother had a rattlesnake in her back yard and
she lives in town and that morning I saw a coral snake that had recently
been  hit on my street.  Yes, it was red and yellow as opposed to red and
black.  It was still moving when I stopped to check it out.  Later in  the day
it had become a very flat snake.

My two gransons are up for the week (8 & 10 years old) and we were
planning on doing some work on their fort/tree house in the woods.  Went to
Cabellas looking for snake boots or leggings.  No luck.

I just ordered three pair of snakeboots from snakeboots.com.  a little  on
the expensive side, however I will be a little more comfortable tramping
around in areas I know have snakes with this bit of added protection.

Does anyone else have snakeboots in their kit or interesting snake stories
while out photographing?

Bill Barber