Re: [OM] An interesting addition to my kit . . .

Subject: Re: [OM] An interesting addition to my kit . . .
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 09:24:11 -0400
I don't know about a felony but it's certainly illegal.  In Indiana it
requires two separate permits to capture or kill a rattlesnake.  The
first is a "nuisance animal" permit which is required for capturing or
killing any wild animal (eg, a raccoon) that's a nuisance on your own
property.  Secondly, both species of rattlesnake that exist in Indiana
(Eastern Massasagua or Timber) are considered endangered within the
state due to their extremely limited distribution.  So, in addition to
the nuisance permit you also need an Indiana (not federal) endangered
species permit.  The latter is probably very hard to obtain.

Chuck Norcutt