Re: [OM] An interesting addition to my kit . . .

Subject: Re: [OM] An interesting addition to my kit . . .
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 09:57:47 -0500
It would be a plant that is not native.  Hawaii would be unrecognizable without
the nonnative plants and animals that thrive there now (coconut palms,
hibiscus, just about any garden and landscape plant, mesquite/kiawe, guava,
banana, papaya, avocado, mango, and so forth).  Pigs and coqui frogs are a
disaster.  I wish people had been more careful.  The mongoose was introduced to
control rats and mice, and they out-ratted the rats.  Seems they like the
native birds too.

Joel W. (sending Chuck on a massive Wikipedia fact-check to see how much of
this I am making up... Hehe!)