Re: [OM] IMG: Blackberries Ripening

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Blackberries Ripening
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 13:28:04 -0500
Hi Chuck,

I lived on a farm during the 1930s, and dewberries, blackberries, and wild
plums provided most of the treats, along with some peaches grown in the
yard.  In picking them, you always got chiggers.

In line with today's topics, one had to watch out for snakes under the plum
trees.  Birds liked to feast on the overripe fruit that fell to the ground,
and the snakes liked to grab the smaller birds.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA