Re: [OM] Mammatus Clouds and Clearing Storm

Subject: Re: [OM] Mammatus Clouds and Clearing Storm
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 12:28:36 -0500
We see a similar "splitting" effect here.  Many of our storms approach from
the Southwest, which means that they pass over Lynchburg, TN, home of the
Jack Daniels distillery, just before they reach us.  We have suspected for
some time that the fumes from Old Jack cause a parting of the clouds, and
lessen our exposure. ;~))

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA