Re: [OM] Copy Exif info from ORF files and paste it in JPEG files

Subject: Re: [OM] Copy Exif info from ORF files and paste it in JPEG files
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 11:25:39 -0700
On 6/19/2010 10:42 AM, David Irisarri Vila wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have processed 400 images form a wedding under Olympus Viewer 2 and I have
> been retouching most of them. I exported them in 16bit TIFF file and after
> retouching them and saved in JPG format, I have realized they haven´t got any
> EXIF info.
>
> Any ideas?

EXIFTool is a free, command line program that will do pretty much
anything you might want in the way of copying, adding, changing and
deleting EXIF information.

It takes a little bit of learning, but in my experience has been
absolutely reliable.

One command line will, for example, do the whole job of copying that you
want, and add your copyright notice to all of them. This is one I used
to do the same thing, but from JPEGs to TIFFs:

C:\Programs\exiftool\exiftool -TagsFromFile
"M:\Pictures\Canon\A650\2009_07_12\%f.JPG" -exif:all -r
-overwrite_original -ext tiff  "-copyright=© Moose, 2009 All rights
reserved - moose at moosemystic dot net"
"M:\Pictures\Canon\A650\2009_07_12\TIFFh3"

EXIFToolGUI is a nice front end for EXIFTool, excellent for seeing
everything in the metadata of a file, adding, modifying and deleting,
but only works on one file at a time.

Moose