Re: [OM] More iPad: Filterstorm

Subject: Re: [OM] More iPad: Filterstorm
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 15:08:16 -0500
That's maybe looking for a level of refinement an app can't provide.
The photos were made rather hurriedly in order to have something to
work with in Filterstorm.  At the focal length, the DZ 14-45 might
have been wide open, but they are slow lenses, so wide open is not
very open.  I usually use the 45-150 wide open to get more isolation
for background.

If you care to look again I played with using the brushes feature to
blur the background of the last image to create fake bokeh.

The backlit touchscreen seems to make most photos look OK, but it
doesn't provide as much information as one might think about when the
image is just right.  Some of my "improvements" made the images worse
once I was able to view them on adequate equipment.  Thanks for
looking.

Joel W.