Re: [OM] What heat? [was Re: List slow?]

Subject: Re: [OM] What heat? [was Re: List slow?]
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 09:32:41 -0700
Got down to 45F (7C) here last night. Put on a winter coat and touque
(that's Canadian for "knit wool cap") to milk the goats this morning.

Y'all can send some of that heat out here. Our tomatoes and basil are
suffering.

> From: Rick Beckrich <rbeckrich@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> We hit 100F in the DC area yesterday.
>
> Cooling trend today... supposed to be in the low 90s.
>
> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>>> From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>>
>>> Maybe everyone is affected by the heat, at least in the USA.
>>
>> Until very recently, it's been below 50F and rainy here in SW BC.
>> Still hasn't gotten into the 70's.
>>
>> Welcome to planet Eaarth.

Free enterprise ended in the United States a good many years ago. Big
oil, big steel, big agriculture avoid the open marketplace. Big
corporations fix prices among themselves and drive out the small
entrepreneur. In their conglomerate forms, the huge corporations have
begun to challenge the legitimacy of the state. -- Gore Vidal