Re: [OM] Live view operation, was: E-thingy body recommendation

Subject: Re: [OM] Live view operation, was: E-thingy body recommendation
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 15:26:01 -0400
No metering involved if the camera is set to manual exposure control.
And autofocus can be performed with the mirror up buy using contrast
detect autofocus on the E-420, E-520, E-620 and E-30.  But again, manual
focus can be performed on any of them with live view.  My question
specifically requested detail of operation in manual focus and manual
exposure control.  The camera shouldn't care about lowering the mirror
to take the exposure because there's absolutely no reason to do that.
And on the later models there's no reason to do it even in autofocus.

Chuck Norcutt