Re: [OM] Two versions of 24/2?

Subject: Re: [OM] Two versions of 24/2?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 14:24:01 -0400
Somehow I find it hard to believe we're looking at the same drawing
Ralf. <http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware/PDFs/24mm_f2.0.pdf>

Check page 4:
Lens elements ZJ140400 and LC030500 on the right side are replacements
for elements LC061500 and LC061600.  There are also many mechanical
parts associated with the new glass.

Check page 5:
Two element group ZE126000 is a replacement for two element group
ZE115600.  There are also several mechanical parts associated with this
change as well.

Why would Oly make such extensive mechanical changes if the original
intent was not to change the glass?

Chuck Norcutt