[OM] new toys, and an image.

Subject: [OM] new toys, and an image.
From: Patrick Moore <paddy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 19:11:32 +0100
Hi all,

so, a few weeks ago I came across an amazing and unbelievable deal for a
brand new Pentax K7 on ebay, and it turned out to be genuine (£219 inc. the
weather sealed kit lens, brand new and -- more so -- from a reputable
source.)

It was of course, a cock up on their part (techfurb.co.uk, a part of DSG
Group here in the UK.  That's Dixons for those near by.) but they honoured
it all the same.

So, this camera arrived and I was utterly smitten by it.  Smaller and
sturdier than my old K20D,  the primes I have feel right on it.  It is less
intimidating for the people it is pointed at (or so my girlfriend claims).

Anyway,  along with that today my copy of Lightroom 3 arrived,  and between
the two it makes a very nice combination.   With lightroom 3 I've not begun
to push the limits,  but the grain slider is a nice addition.

anyway, some output from these two:

K7 & Pentax DA 70mm:

http://the.earth.li/~paddy/cgi-bin/indiv.pl?dir=K7_Misc_20100702&photo=K7_Misc_20100702-018.jpg&o=12

http://the.earth.li/~paddy/cgi-bin/indiv.pl?dir=K7_Misc_20100702&photo=K7_Misc_20100702-038.jpg&o=36

http://the.earth.li/~paddy/cgi-bin/indiv.pl?dir=K7_Misc_20100702&photo=K7_Misc_20100702-009.jpg

Perhaps I went overboard on the grain on that last one,  but as with new
features you have to go to extremes.

Thanks for looking,

paddy