Re: [OM] new toys, and an image.

Subject: Re: [OM] new toys, and an image.
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 14:41:59 -0500
> Perhaps I went overboard on the grain on that last one,  but as with new
> features you have to go to extremes.

I'm not much of a fan of fake grain. Maybe I take the real stuff too
seriously and leave it in when it should be removed, but adding it in
this case does have a bit of contrived look to it. The problem is that
it's too tight and not gaussian enough to mimick the real stuff.

Also note, regarding the fake grain:

1. In color film, most of the grain is chroma, not luminance.
2. In B&W film, all grain is luminance.

What you did with your fake grain was to add luminance noise to the image.

Hey, I only know this because I too tend to push the sliders around a bit much.

Nice shots, though.

AG